20 January 2011

Igknight - Featured Photographer

I want to do something a little different than we've done before. Instead of writing about something I've done I want to feature one of my favorite photographer: IgKnight Photography. Brian Lemieux, the creator of IgKnight Photography (who just so happens to also be my little brother) is completely self-taught with not only his cameras but also software and techniques like shooting in HDR. He has a real eye for scenery and people and now seems to have a camera permanently attached to his hand.

I just wanted to take a minute for the probably about four people who read our blog to share his talent. These are some of my favorite of his pictures and he has a lot more of them on his website. I think that one of his pieces would loook lovely on your wall, dear reader.

Bradenton, FL 

 Lake Michigan, Muskegon Michigan

 Lake Michigan, Muskegon Michigan

Bradenton, FL 

Upper Penninsula, MI 

Upper Penninsula, MI 

Upper Penninsula, MI 

Quite probably one of our fields, Coopersville, MI 

Lake Lamex*, Coopersville, MI 

Cabin on Lake Lamex, Coopersvill, MI

*Lamex is a gross and deliberate mispronunciation of our last name. A cousin of ours dubbed the pond in the woods behind our house that years ago. Since then my dad built the cabin featured above and the area has evolved into Camp Lemieux (but pronounced 'Lamex'). People park campers and pitch tents or sleep in the cabin (there are two twin beds with real mattrasses on the second floor). In the winter there's sledding and in the summer there are cook outs. There's always a fire and there is also now a jungle gym my dad built and a pole to which you can hitch your horse. Come on by!

No comments: