15 July 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Gordias 2012 Narince

Now is the time I try to switch to white or rose wines to beat the Istanbul summer heat. Since I am really enjoying this new winery, Gordias, it seemed a good place to start my summer trend. For one thing, I really like the minimalist goat-looking logo. More importantly though-the wines are killer. I've been a little on the fence about Narince wines; aside from the unicorn that is an unoaked Chardonnay, I'm just not really into dry whites. I am into Gordias though so when I found a bottle of Narince at Solera (55TL) I decided to give it a go.


The Narince is not a big wine, it's a nice, easy drinking wine. Kind of like a porch wine actually. In fact, narince means "delicately".

The Gordias is pale straw with a lightly floral nose. On the palate it is soft but lively with light flavors like pineapple and plumeria and a lingering finish. The Gordias Narince is a light wine that leaves a lasting impression (a good one in case that wasn't clear).

No comments: