22 October 2007

Photo of the day - Buddha Heads

On my way home from India I took a too-brief stop in Thailand. On some friends' recommendations I made a point to visit Aythaya which is a short train ride outside of Bangkok. They promised that since I could not make the trip to Ancor Wat in Cambodia, the ruins at Aythaya would would be a similar experience. And right they were! There will be more on said ruins later but today's photo is a this grouping of Buddha statue heads.


There are signs all over the ruins instructing you to not substitute your head for Buddha's (like the face cut-outs at fairs and amusement parks). There were statues aplenty missing their heads but this was one of the few groupings of heads that I found. I loved the look of them sitting there with such serene faces as though they knew that they were missing their bodies but were ok with it.

Pentax 35mm film camera

No comments: